Friday, May 11, 2012

May the force be with you < 3

Wow. It's like I dont recognize my blog anymore. Do I even have one? Lol. Jokes asides, I know, it's been AGES since I last posted Crap something on my blog. XD I really miss you bloggie. To be real honest with ya, I'm suppose to be studying biology right this instant, but IM NOT! Yay me. Procrastinator #1 at your service!
Warning: blog post will be longer than usual. Read or leave. tq (;
One of the happening things that happened in my oh-so-mundane life worth blogging about is the public speaking competition. Like HOLLA. The zone A preliminary round was held in my school, and it only made evrything a notch scarier. Days before the competition, I bumped into my headmistress, wait. Or was it the other way round? Whatever, either way, I think she came to give me some words of encouragement,
But to me,it sounded more like "I'm counting on you to make it" scary, no? Nahh, she was nice and all. Going all like "Hsu Ling, you can do it, I know you can" or something like that from her arsenal of cheesy pick up lines. Pfft.
It DID however make me feel a lil elated. Haha. And that lil push of encouragement that I needed. Thanks Pn Haniah. *coughs. Remember I said something in my last post about having a hunch that something good is gonna come of it? Yea. I got through to the next round, yup the finals. (: I made so many new friends, people who would put me to shame anytime in terms of the way they speak, the way they carry themselves and idk, their aura? But they were nice. (; to be honest, I felt pretty intimidated by them. On that fateful morning, as I walked the long path from the school canteen to my hall to get my number, I could feel butterflies having a ball in my stomach. boy, that wasn't a good feeling at ALL.
As I unroll the piece of paper unrevaling my number, praying hard that I wouldn't get the 'lucky number 1'.. Ya you guessed it. I DID. HAHA.
I didn't know whether I should cry or to laugh. I did neither. as I made my last minute practice, I realised that ive left out. A Whole paragraph this whole time. :O My name was called, just as we practiced days prior to the competition. I walked to the stage, keeping my composure and blabbed everything that I memorised. It went well, until I reached the ending. Yikes. I got stuck. Thank God, I pulled through, It was pretty vague how the whole situation was but my fellow contestant friends didn't detect aNything wrong with it. In fact they said they kinda liked how I presented my speech. Ehehe.
I was on cloud 9.
After all the contestant had finished their prepared speech, We headed to the library to prepare for the next round,the impromtu speech. Talking about it makes me shiver :/
The topic? 'VIRTUE'. I KNOW RIGHT! Like what does that even mean??!!
Gosh. There was a dictionary, thank god. XD Virtue plainly means having good morale. Or so I thought. I was the first to provide my speech. I crapped. ALOT. Teacher said it made sense. Eheh. I was lucky enough to see all the contestants strut their stuffs after that. :3 At the end of the day, when the results were to be announced, I didn't hope for anything like getting though to the next round with the other contestants being a pro like that. "
The top 5 schools who made it to the next round are.." SMK (P) Bukit Kuda, SMK(P) Convent (the really nice girl named Yasoda), SMK Tinggi Klang,( a form 4 pro), SMK Kota Kemuning, (a stellar form 3 speaker) and SMJK Kwang Hua (the guy with the voice).
ahaha (; I went home brimming with joy. On the same week itself was the finals in SMK(P) MGS on Thursday. The rest was history, I didn't get a placing in the finals but I'm contented enough when Pn Shirly said that I made history just by getting to the next round. (: I could never be anymore grateful for this. Since its my last year in my alma mater. The next year will be promising I know it will. (; The rest is still unwritten (;
Share:

0 comments: