Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reliving memory lane.

So, a month has passed in a new year and February is taking over, as we speak. Which also means our hopeful SPM-ers are one month away from the crowning glory of obtaining their results. *drumrolls. Oh wait. Or should it be *screams? 

I am no different.  As the days go by, some parts of me anticipate the day of the results, while MOST part of me would crunch up in a ball and say "No, I would rather not, unless, my results are worth shouting about, I would. " taking it, that is.
But as much as I have much to lament about,  its gonna happen, and it WILL happen whether I like it or not. So I might as well live with that undying fear. For a while longer.
Maybe after this, my life can finally take a toll for the better?  Like enrolling myself in an institute of higher learning AND get my social life back on track. (Can't wait!).
Though, I can't help myself from wondering how my FIRST day in college will be like.


Long gone were the days when I used to crowd myself around familiar people and basked in comfy atmospheres and vibes I've grown to miss and cherished- high school.

I had the privilege to return to school one day, and somehow, i think that warm feeling I get when I pass the school gates just.. never really left. :')) except for the fact that this time, I needed a visitor pass before entering the premises. Like seriously,  bro?
I guess, we humans are a lil' ironic don't you think? We love the people who hurt us, and hurt the ones who love us.  Funny, but it happens.
The same applies to being in high school, and complaining on the day's homework and how Add Math kills your brain cells, and how 'Chemistry, is ironically called that way, when in actual fact, you have no chemistry whatsoever with it.  Yea. Been there. Done that. :3

But one thing's for sure, I've lived through it to tell the tale. Throughout the whole 5 years of secondary school life, nothing was really a feat, until I stepped into the 'form 5' life. Here, you are called a senior.

FINALLY. and you will gain all the liberty in the world. Somewhat.
Also, here, is where you will find yourself multitasking like never before, coping with homework, exams, and your extra-curricular life that you need to keep up with just to get those extra points you need for scholarships in the future. And not to mention, a few competitions you decide to take part which consumes your energy and time as well. For the better.
After putting all that into consideration, I believe we left out the strongest player in this game- SPM. The 3 letters just make you squirm doesn't it?

Well yea, it did the same to me. This doesn't apply to nerds who have 'studying ' as their main hobby though. XD

As the days, weeks, months drew closer, and when SPM starts being the topic of most conversation
and lectures. The constant reminders from your loved ones wouldn't help.


That's when you start to panic a little and wished you had longer to study and that you didn't do this all in the eleventh hour. I felt that. Totally. And it just consumed me so much in the little weeks I had before 'The Day'. The crucial  hours of constant studying, tore every single inch of fibre I had within me, to the point Where giving up seems way much easier.  I almost did, but I didn't. Thanks to both my parents, family members, friends and teachers. Who I've owed so much for their support.
I have a dream, and that dream, is to grown up one day and make sure the once 8 year old self of me would look at where I am right now and be proud. To make a change in the society and help people who need it. Sounds far-fetched you say?  Well, It did feel that way to me once but I stand on this belief to "Never give up on a dream worth living". I may not be anywhere right now, but I soon will embark on a journey that would mean so much more than I can ever imagine. I'll prove it to the world. That I can. And I will.


This post was made with the form 5 juniors, in mind and heart and some of my peers as well. :)) you may be facing a lot right now, but the fun has just begun. People say, SPM results. Aren't EVERYTHING. sure, it may be your 'passport' to greater things in life, but it doesn't teach you how to live it. Being able to answer every single question doesn't always mean you know it all, it may mean, that we are all slaves for the 'route' learning that we are taught to abide by and that will not take you anywhere except to ace the test. 

You may say, "who is she to talk about our education system in this fashion? " or " lets see what her SPM results will say of her." Whatever it is, I can only say this, the number of A's will not determine who you are as a person. Do not be deterred by your results and thus, crushing your dreams to be a person of hope, passion and will power in the future.

After all, "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve".- Napoleon Hill.
This post is not intended to hurt or harm any party or anyone.  Just a student, sharing her side of the story.


NEVER EVER GIVE UP. :))


With Love,
Veronica Guay. <3
Share:

4 comments:

orangeawesome said...

if you wear your pee jay shirt to school, you wouldnt need a visitor pass =.=

orangeawesome said...

'We love the people who hurt us, and hurt the ones who love us.'

yes... often we did that.. sigh..

Veronica G said...

Haha yup. I wore my Jersey xD Ike. Couldn't agree more. :'((

orangeawesome said...

go away la you hamster!