Friday, August 21, 2015

Choices.














That took me long. To get that photo in here. Thanks to Aini. I mean for someone living in the 21st century I can be a real rookie when it comes to technology. In other words; I feel like my dad. Sometimes.

I'm gonna do you a favor and not start off with the nauseating familiarity along the lines of  'I know it's been a while I haven't posted anything on here' or 'I know you miss me' or whatever cus It REALLY has been a while and I know you do. Miss me. I've missed you too, bloggie.

I've been meaning to write something worth reading but nothing seems to surface or i've been far too 'busy' for my own good living the life of a med student being between exams and all. Guess I've finally accepted my fate.

Let us not deviate from the topic at hand today shall we.

Choices. There's definitely something about them that seem so empowering .

First off, it would already be a blessing to have choices to make. Some people would have to settle for whatever that is thrown at them. Be it a job, a career, or food. Whenever you have a choice over them. Consider yourself lucky and that a privilege. Most often times than not, I would prefer to be handed the cards than to have the ability to choose them because honestly I don't trust myself on making the right decisions and I fear the consequences from the choices I make. But it's more about how you look it  that matters.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is that the choices you make can either make or break you. The good choices will lead you somewhere and can open new doors for you to expand your horizon.

The not so good ones, however may do the opposite or they could even guide you to something more exciting and risky (if you're up for that). Nothing is for certain.

Indecisiveness is inevitable. I like to blame it on being a girl. Girls are indecisive which make us take that extra  one hour and 15 mins more than men to get dressed, shower and look good . We just can't help it. Not that it is a bad thing I mean, being indecisive means you're careful. You don't throw caution to the wind and expect the wind to guide you. You actually take time (Sometimes longer than usual) to think about the consequences and carefully plan out your next move. You are a cautious being and that is A-Okay if you ask me. Or maybe that's just part and parcel of being Chinese. Heh. *SecretlyEmbracesTheChineseWithin*

I'm sure you've been given countless of choices in your life, And your action and inaction towards these choices are what defines you and your future. One decision can create a huge impact in your life. (for good hopefully)

It's not the action that we're worried about. It's the inaction that we should avoid.

Inaction is when you do nothing about something. In this case, inaction is when you keep idle the choices at hand and literally not choose. Choosing itself is an action. For example; When you are presented with an array of sumptuous food right before your eyes. The normal thing to do or your reflex would be to 'choose' or mentally make a decision  to choose or pick something and place it in your mouth. What happens when you don't choose is that you will eventually starve.

Same goes to the choices in your life. When you are given a very good offer. You have the CHOICE to 'accept' or 'decline'. After sleeping on it, giving things the much deserved  thought, and when everything seems to align, you tell yourself ' Why Not' and you make a decision to accept. This very action, of choosing, of following your gut will ultimately dictate your future hereafter.

There IS something about Choosing  that is empowering. It gives you that edge over the rest to make or break your future. One choice can make a difference. But always make the action, not the inaction. Because if you choose the latter, you are giving the chance to someone else to make that choice for you or worse yet, take it away from you.

"Life gives us choices, you either grab on with both hands and just go for it, or you just sit on the sidelines. " - Christine Feehan

Your future is uncharted, Choose wisely.

Goodnight. x

Share:

0 comments: