Friday, February 14, 2014

Here's to the 19th Year of existence.

I ditched movie night just for this. I'm kidding, this is prolly more worth blogging about than my life of a monotonous roller coaster. How can those words come together I mean what an irony-'Monotonous Roller coaster' ?? A roller coaster ride is faaaaar from monotonous. You see what I did there. A constant battle between my mind and ...words (?) Idk..Ever since sem break started I've been losing it. Losing sleep and my sane level of grammar and vocab. POOOF* and it's gone! I prolly sound worse in real life, like when you start a conversation with me, I'll be there, behind the scenes, just listening. and judging. Judge.judge.judge. HOLLA.


I actually stared at this blank post thing for a good old 5 minutes, churning all the information and thinking about how I'm gonna put it all into words. Cus it has been an amazing experience and month for me I'd say. 

Chinese New Year went by in a flash. And all there's left to savour is the leftover oranges that are at the verge of rotting. Oh well. Life. And the Ang Pows are a plus, most definitely. Somehow, this year, festivals don't feel the same anymore. Christmas, Chinese New Year, and my birthday, and the up and coming Valentine's Day..They just feel awfully different. Not necessarily in a bad way. But just different. One reason maybe being that I'm already a college-going kid? HEH. maybe. 


My birthday falls on the 10th of February and this year, it was different. I had the opportunity to celebrate it with my college mates and they even managed a surprise while at it. It was awesome. :) Varisha && Pavitra had it all planned and executed it perfectly. I didn't at all see it coming. Maybe, I could've guessed it but nope. The cake they bought tasted heavenly, and now I'm blessed with 2 cakes in the fridge for a lil' girl who's turning 19. I'm so lucky. And we watched Robocop and I swear I almost froze in the cinema. (note to self: Bring a sweater.) and had some girly-girl talk over lunch and managed a rushed shopping spree.

Had the chance to learn a thing or two about my fellow college mates that I've grown to treasure. Varisha for starters, a girl so full of life and has a way of choosing things off the hook, like she does it really quickly. And listening to her boast about how fast she shops for things, she even managed to snap her fingers. That's too detail. Oh her Boyfriend will be a lucky one I can tell. ;) And the really funny way her head peeks out of the steering wheel while she drives cus she's just that 'fun-sized' or in my own words-short.

Pavitra on the other hand, is quite a bubbly girl behind all the mature, prim and proper girly-girl facade she holds so dearly. She's also quite a handful and  looked great with a touch of red lipstick she wore that day. I swear I couldn't have done it better, I'll prolly look like someone punched me in the mouth. And how her face lights up talking about Robocop and that she plans to watch it over and over again while I try my very best to comprehend what it is that made it so interesting. I never talked about that movie since.

Coey yann, who wasn't present that day due to some inevitable reasons, is a know-it all. And I don't mean it in a sarcastic way, but in all truthfulness, she does. Know it all. She's thrifty in nature and it's amusing to see the way she expresses things in the most unusual and yet funny fashion. And a great leader in the making, I can see. ;) And oh a lil' romantic too, I might add. hehe.

But these are only fragments, the tip of the iceberg of something that I wish I had forever to learn. And I hope I don't sound creepy, it's just me hoping that this lil' friendship we have will never fade because I've been ever so thankful since I stepped into college and found you guys. 'Every great thing has it's great endings' and somehow or rather, there will come a time when we have to part ways, however tough it may seem. But I sincerely hope that we'd continue this friendship cus ...um, I kinda sorta love you guys. :')














And post birthday surprises never gets old. At her most vulnerable state of health, Aini came over just cus she promised and her birthday letter blew me off my feet ahaha. I loved it. And all the other gifts that came with as well. And yesh, Koala buddies we shall stay for life. :) BOOYAH.  and Ps: We never took a photo. :P

Also, the day was graced with all the beautiful, cheesy, heart-warming Birthday messages that I would save in my heart for a very very long time and I'm pretty darn sure it'll help me through times when I feel down or when all hope is lost. haha. (Let's hope that day never comes) 


But from the bottom of my ooey gooey heart, I'm honoured, and deeply blessed to have such great people by my side. What did I ever do right? :')

Thank you. < 3

With Love. xx

Ps: I'm sorry you guys have to mentally go through this whole long paragraph of my unsound grammar even after English paper is over and done with. Hee. 







Share:

0 comments: